eggplant and sausage pizza | salami, red pepper, and goat cheese pizza
I love how crisp the crust gets with the grilled pizzas. It's almost like a cracker crust. I tend to overload them a little because I get greedy with the toppings. I've included the pizza dough recipe here. Toppings are up to you.
Pizza Dough for Grilled Pizza
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water (8 ounces), room temperature
- 2 cups bread flour (11 ounces), plus more for work surface
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
1. Combine oil and water in liquid measuring cup. In food processor fitted with plastic dough blade or metal blade, process bread flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, and yeast until combined, about 5 seconds. With machine running, slowly add liquid through feed tube; continue to process until dough forms tacky, elastic ball that clears sides of workbowl, about 1 1/2 minutes. If dough ball does not form, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time and process until dough ball forms. Spray medium bowl lightly with nonstick cooking spray or rub lightly with oil. Transfer dough to bowl and press down to flatten surface; cover tightly with plastic wrap and set in draft-free spot until doubled in volume, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
2. When dough has doubled, press down gently to deflate; turn dough out onto work surface and divide into 4 equal-sized pieces. With cupped palm, form each piece into smooth, tight ball. Set dough balls on well-floured work surface. Press dough rounds with hand to flatten; cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest about 15 minutes.
Recipe from Cook's Illustrated magazine.